Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quits before can make log file/quits anti-spyware programs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ssarnold

ssarnold

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:07 AM

I know I have a ton of malware on my PC - Windows XP Home Edition. I have tried: SuperAntispyware and mbam but they quit before the scan finishes. I have tried to create log files using dds.scr and hijackthis, but again it quits after about 10 seconds. I also tried Dr. Web Cure.it
and it does express scan ok with no viruses found, but quits when try to do Complete scan.

I tried quitting everything from task manager that could be quit (I think). I have tried Safe Mode. I tried renaming mbam to random file name.

Also whenever I have explorer.exe running, it causes Internet Explorer to open by itself, so I disconnected my computer from the Internet.

Some of the malware I have been experiencing include: Coreguard family like Antivirus Pro, Windows Police Pro, Windows Security Center, Antivirus System Pro. I have been able to get rid of most of this manually, but not sure if everything gone.
Also, I had the malware where cmd.com, regedit.com etc files were created/hidden. I deleted these.

Before Superantispyware quits it said I have the following: rootkit.Agent/Gen-UACFake and Trojan.Dropper/Win-NV.

Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,008 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:02 PM

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.

==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:01 PM

Let's do some varifications

Please follow this guide for Windows Police pro Post any logs

Next We Need to check for Rootkits with RootRepeal
  • Download RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.
  • Extract RootRepeal.exe from the archive (If you did not use the "Direct Download"

mirror).
  • Open Posted Image on

your desktop.
  • Click the Posted Image tab.
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • Check all seven boxes:

Posted Image
  • Push Ok
  • Check the box for your main system drive (Usually C:), and press Ok.
  • Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.
  • Once the scan completes, push the

Posted Image button. Save the log to
    your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your
    next reply, please.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users