Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deleting an entry in DCOM Config.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 23 September 2009 - 05:49 AM

While just browsing my PCs Control Panel I opened up the Administrative Tools>Component Services and navigated to the DCOM Config Folder. While there I noticed there was an entry for KM Player. I installed this player a few weeks back to check it out but decided to stick with VLC player. In the process of uninstalling the KM Player I found that it was not listed in my ARP list. I found that in the KM Player folder in my Program Files there was an uninstall icon and I used it to uninstall the program. Even though it seemed to successfully uninstall it left all my video files with KM Player icons and is still set as the default player when I download video files online. I found a solution to the changed video icons here yesterday but not the default setting on download. I would like to get rid of this entry in the above mentioned folder but cannot find an option on it. When I right click on it and open properties there are several different settings of which the only one I felt confident in altering was in the general settings box I altered its permissions from default to none, but there isn't a delete option. Can anyone help me with this annoyance?.

Edited by bluesjunior, 23 September 2009 - 05:50 AM.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:58 AM

Have a look here
http://www.kmplayer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=70044
http://www.kmplayer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3078
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 bluesjunior

bluesjunior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:18 PM

Hi Garmanma,
I had already deleted all the entries mentioned in your links. As I tried to explain above after I did this I still get KM Player appearing as the default player in the box that appears when you click on a download link. Now I can click on save and download to my Downloads Folder as I have always done but cannot see any way to alter the default setting to WMP or VLC. Then today while following the file path mentioned I saw the KM Player entry but without any obvious way to delete it. Not knowing enough about this I came here and posted.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users