Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

possible Malware infection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 markpalus

markpalus

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:30 PM

As of two days ago I accidently clicked on a friends link on Facebook and my Norton Internet Security antivirus alerted to the w32.koobface.D trojan. I also as of 2 days ago loaded and installed Rocketdock and downloaded some .pgn icons which I suspect is causing this spawning of website antivirus scan needed to keep popping up. I just now downloaded, installed and ran DDS and have a fresh DDS.txt file. I also have hijackthis installed. Please help.

Attached Files

• Attached File  DDS.txt   18.6KB   6 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jpshortstuff

jpshortstuff

WhatTheTech Teacher

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:59 PM

Hi,

There are indeed some traces of Koobfaces showing in your DDS log. Let's get rid of those.

Please download GooredFix from the locations below and save it to your Desktop
Download Mirror #1
  • Ensure all Firefox windows are closed.
  • To run the tool, double-click it (XP), or right-click and select Run As Administrator (Vista).
  • When prompted to run the scan, click Yes.
  • GooredFix will check for infections, and then a log will appear. Please post the contents of that log in your next reply (it can also be found on your desktop, called GooredFix.txt).
Please run MalwareBytes', update it to the latest version, and then run a Full Scan. If it finds anything, please post the log it provides.

Please also run DDS again and post both logs it gives.
Trained at the What The Tech Classroom where you too could learn to help others.

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show appreciation and to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users