Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrading an HP Pavillion 1410n

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 NeutralCorner

NeutralCorner

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:50 PM

Hi, I've got an HP Pavillion 1410n running XP (2002 Media Center Edition with sp3) on:

Asus A8N-LA motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 3800+
2gb of pc3200 RAM
NVidia 6600GT

I recently picked up Need For Speed Shift and, while the machine meets the minimum requirements in most categories, it falls short on the Graphics Card. I looked into updating just the GC to something like the 9600GT, but found that I'd have to update the Power Supply in order to do so. I then considered that in going that route, I'd probably have a card that outperformed the rest of the machine to the degree that I might as well upgrade the motherboard/CPU/RAM too.

I am now looking at upgrading the entire system to the following:

Asus M2N68-AM SE2
AMD Phenom 9850 CPU, CPU Fan & Heatsink
NVidia 9600GT or better
4GB - PC2-8500 (Dual Channel Kit)

I like the 1410n case. It's quiet. I like the ports in front for USB and memory cards and its overall simplicty, but my concern is that the new motherboard I'm considering will not be compatable with the case. Is there some way I can be assured that I'm 100% compatable?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users