Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

tmp.tmp file in %temp% directory

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 ashmash132

ashmash132

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:52 AM

With respect to all.

Recently one of the computers in my office got infected by a number of viruses. I ran Malwarebytes antimalware.
It could remove almost all of them. Before closing it gives 4 entries saying that these files will be deleted after reboot.
The file was 'tmp.tmp' in temp directory. After rebooting the file was still there although MBM states that it has removed
it. For other entries in MBAM log there are entries in HKLM winlogon with usrint.exe name. I removed it by regedit. Still it appears
after scanning with MBM which again shows that it will remove it after rebooting. This goes on and there are still
tmp.tmp in %temp% directory and entries in registery. What should I do to remove tmp.tmp file as well as to remove entries from registry.

I am writing this post from my home and will post the MBAM log from my office tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

Manoj

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ashmash132

ashmash132
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:27 AM

Today I have to format the PC under consideration due to urgency of work.

Now the problem has gone.

Anyway, with thanks to everybody
and sorry for any inconvenience.

Manoj

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users