Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista BSOD Error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 twfail

twfail

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:09 AM

Hi everyone,
I have a HP Media Center PC m8200n. I am running Vista, SP1 32-bit.
3 GB of RAM
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000

I am receiving the BSOD randomly, I have reinstalled Vista on this device and I am still receiving this error. When I run the Hardware Diagnostic tool for a system test it crashes everytime. It has not made a complete cycle through this test. I receive the following error.

AN ATTEMPT WAS MADE TO EXECUTE TO NON-EXECUTABLE MEMORY

0X0000000FC (0x9A48969C, 0X7B436963, 0X9A489644, 0X00000002)

Any suggestions?
Tim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:16 AM

First thing, Welcome to Bleeping Computer. :huh:

Now on to your problem.

When you say, "When I run the Hardware Diagnostic tool" are you referring to the diagnostic tool that is on the Windows Vista DVD?

I've never put much stock in that test if that is what you are using. I would first recommend running Memtest86+ and checking the memory in your system. I would also recommend possibly cleaning the interior of your system to cut down some of the heat you may be experiencing. Heat can cause many different problems including your BSOD. Click here for a basic tutorial on cleaning the interior of your computer along with the normal precautions for doing such thing.

If after cleaning your computer and running Memtest86+ your test results come back as normal, please try running your computer as normal and let us know what happens.

One more thing you may want to look for when cleaning your computer is any capacitors that look like this. If you have any capacitors exhibiting these signs, or having the centers bulged up, you will probably have to have either the defective capacitors replaced or if you are unable to find someone to do that job, a replacement motherboard will be your next best thing.

Hope this helps,
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#3 twfail

twfail
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:21 AM

Thanks TechExtreme!

I will try this today when I get home, post my findings.

Tim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users