Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unable to open yahoo mail

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lbrtylvr

lbrtylvr

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:48 PM

i am unable to open yahoo! mail for no apparent reason, the problem only happens with this machine, the others i've used worked fine. also, i'm unable to check for updates (windows, firefox, etc.) when i click on the icon, the machine acts as if it's loading the page but, nothing happens until the "cannot display page" page opens which mentions "avast web proxy" there were no changes made prior to problems. i made some changes when it started screwing up but, since it didn't help i put them back like they were. i use XP pro with firefox as my browser (ver. 1.0.5) i did delete firefox and re-install it but that didn't work either. problem is present when using IE as well. i found this this in java but don't know if it's relevent:

Warning: The stylesheet hypertext transfer protocol://my.yahoo.com/ was loaded as CSS even though its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css".

can anyone shed some light on my delima? i've spent almost two weeks trying to sort this out and have reached the end of my rope. the next step is to haul this machine out to the woods, pump a few rounds into it and find a less infuriating passtime.

thanx.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Press2Esc

Press2Esc

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 26 July 2005 - 10:01 PM

What is your OS? Are you connecting via cable, dsl, satellite, dialup or other? Are you using a router?

Sounds like you are working offline & not connected to the internet. Alsi your settings may have been modified to use a proxy server..

To reset IE to default settings & (un)check proxy server settings..

Open IE: Tools->Internet Options
[Security] click Default Level
[Privacy] click Default
[Connection] |LAN Settings| verify that Proxy server AND config scripts are unchecked
[Advanced] click Restore Defaults...

Try surfin; If still "page not displayed:; goto DOS (start>run>command), enter ipconfig/all. study or post the output....

P2E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users