Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

a problem?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Reveller120

Reveller120

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:56 PM

For a couple of months already my friend has been having serious computer problems.

Problem 1. No Apps will open.

When clicked on an app an error box opens up and says ex: "Internet Explorer is not a win32 application" even when logging on the computer the first time, it says "logon is not a valid win32 app" I tried downloading some programs/scanners recommended by this forum and transferring from my computer to his via usb, but same thing, nothing will open.

Apps will only open when a file is open though. WMP will open not when clicking on it, but when clicking on a song, Photoshop won't open when clicking on it, but then clicking on a photoshop file it opens the program up.
Anybody have any suggestions?

Problem 2. Will not restart in safe mode.
I tried starting the computer in safe mode, to see if I can do anything, or if anything would be different, but when trying to restart in safemode, computer tries then I'm taken back to the prompt screen asking if I want to start windows normally or in safe mode and stating unfortunatley windows can not be started in safe mode.
Any help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:25 AM

See if he can do this:

Go to Posted Image > Run..., then copy and paste this command into the open box: cmd
Click OK.
At the command prompt C:\>, copy and paste the following command and press Enter:

DIR /a/s %windir%\scecli.dll %windir%\netlogon.dll %windir%\eventlog.dll >Log.txt & START notepad Log.txt

A file called log.txt should be created on your Desktop.
Open that file and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users