Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't sign in to Windows Live Messenger

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 shamone

shamone

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:53 PM

Hello all,

This evening I tried to sign in to my Windows Live messenger account but each time I did, I was kicked off. A pop up window read that I had been signed out because the version of messenger I am using does not allow for me to be signed in at two locations. This started tonight when I tried to use a MSN app. on my IPHONE...I've since removed the app., but I thought I should mention that. Anyways, to fix the problem I first changed my password but the same message popped up and I was then kicked off. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the program, the problem persists. I've scanned for malware/spyware and nothing shows up. At the moment, I have windows live messenger uninstalled, but the lame, ancient version of windows messenger is still on my computer (the problem occurs when I use this version, too). I even made a new account and added my old one on MSN and it shows that my old account is signed on...But the ~person~ isn't talking to anyone, isn't sending out any emails and they haven't even changed my password on me. I've changed my password a billion times and this keeps happening. What's going on :thumbsup: I've had my account for FOREVER, and do not wish to get rid of it.

Edited by shamone, 21 September 2009 - 11:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users