Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't restore factory image , can't reformat hard drive ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mais89

mais89

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:21 PM

hello
i have posted my problem last week but still no reply has been made. I know I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE HERE WHO NEEDS HELP but things are getting worse and i don't know if the laptop will switch on next time or not
Again here is my problem:
I have dell insprion 1525 laptop , windows vista basic with McAfee as the security program. Last week and till now , every few minutes , the following message pops up: Low Disk SpACE , you are running out of disk space on OS(F:). to free space on ths drive by deleting old or uncecssr files click here.
1) i never had an OS (F) drive before , I hade recovery D and OS (C ) and mediadirect .
2) laptop shuts down unexpectedly
3) becoming too slow
4) McAfee says it lost files and need to reinstall virus protection
5) it took 30 mniutes for the laptop to sart after it shut down unexpectedly
6) tried restore to factory image after copying files to usb, but it wouldn;t work and kept on saying error
7) tried reformatting drive F but it wouldn't reformat, i think thats why i van't restore the laptop to factory image
8) last time McAfee was working properly , it blocked artemis trojan horse and 3 more other trojan horses

when i went to my computer , i found the F drive with red bar saying 317kb left from 2.49 GB and even when i tired deleting files, it never changed
please do help as soon as possible , the laptop might not switch on again

Edited by mais89, 21 September 2009 - 08:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,176 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:34 PM

I have asked for suggestions here and am awaiting a reply.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:28 PM

I do not know that much about it. I'm still reading about it
I believe the F partition is the Dell MediaDirect partition
http://support.dell.com/support/topics/glo...nt?docid=278270
It seems to be causing a lot of headaches for a lot of people
I'm getting ready to go to bed
I'll look into it tomorrow
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 mais89

mais89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:04 AM

is anyone still trying to help me ? i posted my topic on september 21st and still no definite answer. i would really appreciate it if someone can tell me whehther my laptop can be fixed or no.

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2009 - 07:46 PM

This really belongs in the Vista forum, not Am I Infected

Download WinDirStat
http://windirstat.info/
Use it to see what is going on in your hard drive and if there is ab actual F drive
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 mais89

mais89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2009 - 03:23 PM

its appears that there is really F drive with system files and other folders
I have noticed that since the last time I tried updating to windows service pack 2, the problem is getting worse. the laptop is freezing more often and switching off even after 10 or 15 minutes
what part od the laptop needs to be fixed or changed exactly ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users