Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Police Pro

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 abouttoloseit

abouttoloseit

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:39 PM

My Dad got Windows Police Pro on his computer. I have gotten the program off and deleted it from the machine... at least part of it. I no longer comes up when the machine is logged into. I got a registry fix from a computer guy I work with so that I am able to run exe files again. However, I cannot get Malwarebytes to scan or any malware program, antivirus program or anything else to run. After about 10 minutes of the machine being one it blue screens on me with various 0x0 codes. Most common is 0x0000007B. I tried running a registry repair program (registry mechanic) and it found errors and fixed them, but it didn't fix the problem.
I cannot start the computer in safe mode either.
I really don't want to have to format and start over....
Can anyone help?????
Thanks!

Edited by abouttoloseit, 21 September 2009 - 06:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 abouttoloseit

abouttoloseit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:41 PM

One additional note, this is on Windows XP (home edition)

#3 abouttoloseit

abouttoloseit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:33 PM

I just ran msconfig and see something that looks odd. Came up with %systemroot%\system32\dumpprep 0 -k
Everytime it blue screens it says it is doing a physical dump.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users