Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with ms office word icons

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jupiter56

Jupiter56

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:12 PM

Hello,
I have send some times before for serious problems and your help was amazing!!
This time I have a silly problem but it really gets on my nerves...
So, I bought a new laptop with vista and one day I wanted to open a .doc file. I didn't know that in vista you can't open docs without having ms office. when i saw the icon of the uknown application i did right click and open with wordpad. the icon took the shape of a blank paper with the icon of wordpad in the middle. as usually happens when you choose to open a file with a different application. Today I installed ms office 2003 and the the icon is a blank paper with the W in the middle, like the icon of ms word application. I want to retrieve the correct icon. I tried to delete the iconcache.db and restart but nothing happened. Please don't suggest something like right click open with or default programs...I tried them all, unless you have something serious that helps. I have good knowledge of computers so please only serious help.
Thank you a lot.
PS. I m sorry if i send to the wrong category I didn't find a category for ms office.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users