Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown Infection - Hijack Log

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 snakeandcrane

snakeandcrane

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:01 PM

Hello,

I am brand new to this forum so please forgive me if I seem unexperienced, I have been having a nightmare of a time lately with my PC and I have tried numerous things to fix it but I keep coming up short. Here's my issue....

I was surfing the internet a few days ago when my Avira antivirus popped up a bunch of times at once to tell me I had contracted some viruses (trojans I believe to be exact). I closed everything down and tried to do a scan with Avira. It wasn't really letting me do anything so I rebooted into Safe Mode. Once in Safe Mode I was able to complete a scan with Avira. It found 4 trojans and successfully got rid of them (1 was downloader.gen, I forget what the other couple were). Anyway, I think I'm fixed at this point so I reboot into Windows and low and behold, my PC starts rebooting on its own every 5-10 minutes and half of my files say "corrupt or data missing" when you click on them. But I was able to get on the internet so I get on and do some research and some scans with Hijack This and Ad-Aware. It turns out I have the Koobface Trojan - so I follow all the procedures through Ad-Aware, Hijack This and manually removing it from msconfig to get rid of it. Fast-Forward... It looks like Koobface is gone and I'm finally fixed.

Now all of a sudden, my internet is not working properly. For example, when I google something and I go to click on one of the links it takes me to some random search page or something. Also, as I'm clicking through pages it will pop a 2nd IE window that says "Bad Search" or "Invalid Syntax Error." Also, for some reason, I cannot update my Avira antivirus. It just won't download the update. But all of my other internet applications work fine and if I go to a website from the address bar or my favorites - it works fine. It seems to be only when I click on links (say from a search engne results page).

The real kicker here is that I've done numerous scans with everything from Avira to Ad-Aware to online scanners like ESET and Housecall. Every scan keeps coming up with no detections.

I ran my Hijack This log through the HJT Log Analyzer and it flagged the last entry on my log (UPHClean) as red. I checked to fix it, ran it, rebooted and ran HJT again and the entry is still there. I don't know if this is my whole problem or not and if so, how to get rid of it.

I've just been going nuts with this lately. I've posted my HJT log below and any help and advice you can give me would be much appreciated. I've tried everything I can think of at this point. This looks like a problem beyond my skills.

Thanks so much for any help.

-Brian

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 3:51:09 PM, on 9/21/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXPService.exe
C:\Program Files\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb07.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon04.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ALCWZRD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~1\PSFree.exe
C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\daemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\crypserv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\RMSysTry.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\M-Audio\Xponent\MAUSBXPInst.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\RMSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\McrdSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Connect 2\wmccds.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Userinit.exe,C:\WINDOWS\system32\sdra64.exe,
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: TGTSoft Explorer Toolbar Changer - {C333CF63-767F-4831-94AC-E683D962C63C} - C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\TGT_BHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: HP view - {B2847E28-5D7D-4DEB-8B67-05D28BCF79F5} - c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\HPDTLK02.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PS2] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb07.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHmon04] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon04.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcWzrd] ALCWZRD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmcService] C:\PROGRA~1\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe -startgui
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgnt] "C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe" /min
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PopUpStopperFreeEdition] "C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~1\PSFree.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools Lite] "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\daemon.exe" -autorun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Extender Resource Monitor.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\ehome\RMSysTry.exe
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O16 - DPF: {04E214E5-63AF-4236-83C6-A7ADCBF9BD02} (HouseCall Control) - http://housecall60.trendmicro.com/housecall/xscan60.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {215B8138-A3CF-44C5-803F-8226143CFC0A} (Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent 6.6) - http://housecall65.trendmicro.com/housecal...ivex/hcImpl.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupd...b?1228633287312
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat...b?1253560984218
O16 - DPF: {6E5A37BF-FD42-463A-877C-4EB7002E68AE} (Housecall ActiveX 6.5) - http://housecall65.trendmicro.com/housecal...ivex/hcImpl.cab
O16 - DPF: {7530BFB8-7293-4D34-9923-61A11451AFC5} (OnlineScanner Control) - http://download.eset.com/special/eos/OnlineScanner.cab
O16 - DPF: {7D1E9C49-BD6A-11D3-87A8-009027A35D73} (Yahoo! Audio UI1) - http://chat.yahoo.com/cab/yacsui.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {AB86CE53-AC9F-449F-9399-D8ABCA09EC09} (Get_ActiveX Control) - https://h17000.www1.hp.com/ewfrf-JAVA/Secur...loadManager.ocx
O16 - DPF: {FE0BD779-44EE-4A4B-AA2E-743C63F2E5E6} (IWinAmpActiveX Class) - http://pdl.stream.aol.com/downloads/aol/unagi/ampx_en_dl.cab
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Scheduler (AntiVirSchedulerService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Guard (AntiVirService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - GRISOFT s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: Crypkey License - Kenonic Controls Ltd. - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\crypserv.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: InCD Helper (InCDsrv) - AHEAD Software - C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Unknown owner - c:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: M-Audio Xponent Installer (MAudioXponentService) - Avid Technology, Inc. - C:\Program Files\M-Audio\Xponent\MAUSBXPInst.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPH11 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPHipm11.exe
O23 - Service: Sygate Personal Firewall (SmcService) - Sygate Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe
O23 - Service: StyleXPService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXPService.exe
O23 - Service: User Profile Hive Cleanup (UPHClean) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\UPHClean\uphclean.exe (file missing)

--
End of file - 7898 bytes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:14 AM

Hello snakeandcrane

Welcome to Welcome to BleepingComputer :(
=====================
  • Download OTL to your desktop.
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
  • Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.
  • Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.
===========
Download This file. Note its name and save it to your root folder, such as C:\.
  • Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
  • Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security program drivers will not conflict with this file.
  • Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled.
  • Double-click on the downloaded file to start the program. (If running Vista, right click on it and select "Run as an Administrator")
  • Allow the driver to load if asked.
  • You may be prompted to scan immediately if it detects rootkit activity.
  • If you are prompted to scan your system click "Yes" to begin the scan.
  • If not prompted, click the "Rootkit/Malware" tab.
  • On the right-side, all items to be scanned should be checked by default except for "Show All". Leave that box unchecked.
  • Select all drives that are connected to your system to be scanned.
  • Click the Scan button to begin. (Please be patient as it can take some time to complete)
  • When the scan is finished, click Save to save the scan results to your Desktop.
  • Save the file as Results.log and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.
  • Exit the program and re-enable all active protection when done.

Please do not pm for help, post it in the forums instead.

If I am helping you and have not responded for 48 hours please send me a pm as I don't always get notifications.

My help is always free, however, if you would like to make a donation to me for the help I have provided please click here Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users