Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Processes Randomly Stop responding to Mouse Cursor - Vista 64 bit

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew Davis

Andrew Davis

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:54 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm having a serious problem that I can't stand anymore!

It seemed to first begin yesterday.

So I'm using my laptop (hp Pavilion dv7) as usual,
Suddenly, programs at random stop responding to my cursor,
"what does this mean"?

My cursor is moving all well and fine,
it is not in busy status, it looks normal, and it's movement is not disturbed.
However, for example, I can't click anything on Mozilla Firefox, also msn messenger lets say.

I can click on my desktop and taskbar still for now.

Then all of a sudden, I can click on msn again, now everything else (Desktop, Taskbar, Firefox) is not responding to the mouse.

After a while, it decides not to respond to my muse for any process at all.
then later if gives me a break, and everything is back to normal again.

and the cycle goes on.

All the while, my keyboard is functioning properly, and I can use the Programs with my keyboard.
Using Tab and (Ctrl+) etc... to get around.

I've run AntiVirus Scans with Norton, De fragmented my computer.
Ended all non-system Processes, Re-started the laptop many times, and it still keeps happening.

I ended explorer.exe and ran it again, didn't help (it seems a bit like the explorer/taskbar problem, but I think it's really not)

Vista Home Premium - SP2
64-bit OS
ADM Turon Dual Core Processor
4 GB Ram

Anything else you'd like to know, please tell me.
Right now it is a pain even to try to get this message posted, this is really frustrating me.

I'm thinking it could be something to do with the Mouse Driver or cursor, if not, maybe a Virus Norton cannot find.

Please help me soon someone!
Thanks for your time and help,
-Andrew

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew Davis

Andrew Davis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:30 PM

Someone please help soon.

I'm a Graphic Designer, and it's costing me my working hours, not being able to solve this Problem.

The Problem occurs in Safe Mode also... :/

When I end explorer.exe, I seem to get some relief for a little while,
but then it happens again, even without explorer running.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,531 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:32 PM

Have you taken a look in Event Viewer to see what may be happening at that time?

How To Use the Event Viewer Applet

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 RTCTech1

RTCTech1

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:17 PM

Andrew,
The Fact that you mention this is happening in safe mode would lead me to believe that it is a hardware problem. Please try a USB Mouse (preferably not wireless for testing purposes) to see if you still are experiencing the same issues. IF so, it's a dv7? Maybe a year old? if it is less than a year old, take it to HP for repair. Best Buy should diagnose and send it to HP for free; considering you're within manufacturers warranty. Post back here with your results please.

-RTCTech1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users