Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:22 PM
In the manual this is what it has for installing a printer. The bold part is of interest, of course all things have that little bit of info. But the Adding a printer part, is that what you did? and where you can see it? Because if you are going to where it shows in Win7, that is for when it is directly connected. You might have to set it up with a TCP/IP port.
Connecting USB Printers
The Printers page displays a table of printers that are attached to the Iomega StorCenter device. The table contains the name, model, status, and number of documents waiting for each printer.
To connect a printer, simply plug a supported USB printer into a USB port on the Iomega StorCenter device. Once connected, the printer will appear in the table. When the cable is unplugged, the printer will be removed from the table.
The StorCenter will recognize two USB printers.
NOTE: The StorCenter print server is not guaranteed to work with all printers. For best results, use a printer without multi-function features (i.e., scanner, copier, fax, modem, etc.).
Adding a Printer in Windows
1. Connect a USB printer to the StorCenter.
2. Install the printer drivers on the client computer.
3. Browse to your StorCenter using Windows Explorer. You can do this simply by entering \\<StorCenter IP Address> in the Windows Explorer Address bar.
4. At the root level of the StorCenter, you will see all shared folders and printers listed. Double click on the printer icon you wish to configure.
5. In the Connect to Printer dialog box, click Yes to continue.
6. Click OK to proceed to the driver selection screen.
7. Select your driver then click OK. Windows will open the print queue window for your printer.
Hope this helps
Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College