Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Had to update after posting on Hijackthis

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Feeski

Feeski

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:11 AM

Dear BC,

I was originally on this forum as I was badly infected with a trojan. I was sent to the Hijackthis forum and posted all logs and have been waiting patiently for more than 2 weeks for help. I know that I wasn't meant to change anything...

Unfortunately my AVG antivirus was a trial version and ran out the other day, so I had to put Avira Free Version back on the computer as I couldn't be without an antivirus.

I know this messes up the Hijackthis logs, but don't want to post on that forum about it as I know they are really busy.

My computer is still blue-screening about 2 times every session. Stop messages seem to be different everytime.

Can anyone advise me what I should do? Not sure whether to re-run all scans and re-post on Hijackthis or wait until they get to me.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:52 PM

They have responded to your log today
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users