If your computer is overheating it will continue to do so unless the problem is remedied. I suspect that the fan which is mounted onto your processor may be dirty (inside the machine), along with many internal components. In my experience this is the primary reason for computer shutdowns and overheating. You would need to remove the cover of your computer to clean the fans and components off ONLY
- A can of compressed air
- An anti-static vacuum
You most likely won't get access to the vacuum too easily, so go to Office Depot or Best Buy or Walmart and grab some compressed air. Then you'll need get into the computer to clean it up. I would HIGHLY
advise you to get some help with this from someone that really knows what they're doing if you're not familiar with the inside of a PC or aren't comfortable doing this. Also, BEFORE
touching anything inside of your PC, touch something else that is metal to discharge any static electricity from your body. After the fans are cleaned up and the rest of the components and the inside of the machine is clean and clear, put the cover back on and boot up the PC. Let it run for a while, opening up some programs and applications, to see what happens. If you can watch while it's running, in case an error pops up or something happens, then report back what you find.
Edited by Eric RBA, 22 September 2009 - 03:46 PM.