Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to ghost properly?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Oldgamer

Oldgamer

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:00 AM

Hi everybody!

I have a PC with two HDs. 80G and 80G. The first is devided into two partitions (40*2) each of them has Os (xp and vista).
The second HD is for personal files and programs that are installed for both xp and vista. These programs are in everyday use and some of them are in startup.

Sooner or later I buy a laptop with a 320G HD for example with no OS.

How to do a ghost in this case and what is the best program for this?
What is the best way to make ghost from the PC to the laptop so that everything will function as it is now?

thanks in advance :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:34 AM

well i use norton ghost 2003
and it seems to work good(tell it to burn to a disk and then start ghost on the lap top and tell it to install on hd)

any way
if you ghost windows to a different computer then Windows wont work because theres different hard ware on the other computer
and if you ghost your programs most of them will not work(e.g. Nero)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users