Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I cannot delete a program

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DGB

DGB

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:23 PM

I have attempted to remove a program Spyware Detector (Max Secure) from my computer. Contacted their site but have been unable to get them to assist me in the removal. They keep wanting me to forward them copies of the scans which I have done 2 X now, but they still haven't given me the knowledge as to how to remove their program. I do not feel I should send them any more of scans and am not using the program at alll.

I am using Vista Home Premium on a Dell Dimension C521 Computer, AMD Athlon 64 X 2 Dual-Core 4400.

I have tried looking in Programs and Registry but it is not there, (at least under those names). I have also ran Malware Bytes, Bleeping Computer and Combo Fix but it does not show up as malware. It appears each time the computer is turned on. It is requesting I register but I have not done so. My computer has been acting up ever since I installoed this program and I want to remove it. I did pay them for it and am willing to just remove it and forget about the money. How do I go about that? Thanks DGB

Edited by boopme, 21 September 2009 - 11:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pablo49

pablo49

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:58 PM

According to their site it is: Start--->Control Panel--->Programs--->Programs and Features--->Select Spyware Detector and click on Uninstall.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:15 PM

Instead of using the Windows uninstaller, try Revo Uninstaller Use one of the advanced mode, which will search for left-over files and registry entries. You can then delete the left-overs.

Have you had the program less than 30 days? If so, you could take them up on this offer and then hope they honor it.

Satisfaction Guaranteed ! : Max Secure Offers "No Questions Asked" 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 20 September 2009 - 11:19 PM.

#4 DGB

DGB
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:44 AM

Queen Evie, I have been trying since June to have them give me instructions how to remove their program. Everytime I get back a request for me to run the scan and send it to them. I have complied with their request twice now and they stil do not send any removal instructions. Their "NO questions asked" line on their web page, for a full refund is not true, apparently. I'd advise anyone else to either not buy the product or be very careful of them. My computer has not been performing properloy since I downloaded the trial program. Thanks for your advice. I'll try REVO Uninstaller now.

#5 DGB

DGB
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2009 - 03:58 PM

According to their site it is: Start--->Control Panel--->Programs--->Programs and Features--->Select Spyware Detector and click on Uninstall.

It is impossible to do what you suggested. Spyware Detector does not appear in Programs at all, only appears at startup on the screen. Any more suggestions? Thanks, DGB

#6 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:12 PM

While I doubt it, go to the installed folder location. Is there a file in the program folder named uninsta? Or something like that. I have no idea about this program but prior to doing this you will want to disable all it`s protection if such an option exists.

Edited by ThunderZ, 23 September 2009 - 06:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users