Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Canon pixma ip 5000 Printer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 georgia

georgia

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 20 September 2009 - 07:24 PM

Hi I am presently using my Canon pixma ip 5000 printer (my back up) which I got at a good price some while after I bought the original which I have been using flawlessly for about 4 years now.
My question is this, I took the original 'workhorse' of 4 years for a clean up and check. I took my canon cartridges out of it as I did not want the shop whom I know well to waste my canon ink. I have always used canon ink as my bro is a computer supply wholesaler and so the cost was not an issue. So what I am wondering about, is that I will be using this new just unboxed ip 5000 until it 'hiccups', hopefully for as long a useage as my original ip 5000...4 years.
Canon told me to take the cartridges from the one in the shop that was there for cleaning and no major issues and store the unit with nothing in the print head.
The shop owner said to leave the cartridges in??? ( I thought the jets would get sticky with existing ink from when he tested it with his ink...as the unit will simply be stored in its box)
I plan to clean the print head with rubbing alcohol and remove the traces of ink which he used in the shop before putting it into the storage box while also being careful not to touch the 'copper contacts'. I want to store a good working order clean machine in other words. ( I happen to really like this model)

I am concerned about the 'ink jets' now, as first, this is not the ink that I use normally...I use Canon and the shop tech tested with their brand of ink and of course those are the cartridges that I will be removing but there likely will be his 'test ink' from his cartridges still present?
How do I insure that while this shop cleaned and tested ..."now backup unit" will be OK sitting there until this present one needs a 'rest'.

I really like this unit and take care of all of my laptop accessories and really would like to know what the experienced users here have to say.

I thank you for your time and look forward to comments.

Cheers !

Edited by georgia, 20 September 2009 - 07:29 PM.

Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users