Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to know if how much ram hertz installed on pc?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 theinvulnerable

theinvulnerable

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:25 PM

How to know if how much ram hertz installed on pc, where should i found that information? Because i bought 1gig ram ddr2 667 hz and i want to find out if it is real 667. Please help thanks.

Edited by theinvulnerable, 20 September 2009 - 06:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,090 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:50 PM

If you mean RAM speed (not sure that equates to hertz)...there are several ways, depending on how your BIOS works.

a. If your BIOS loads a screen that reflects basic equipment as the first screen when booting (normally flashes by 2-5 seconds, IMO)...then the RAM speed may be displayed on one of the lines.

b. The easy way to find out would be to use a utility that details that sort of thing (accurately). One such tool would be SIW System Information for Windows - http://www.gtopala.com/. The RAM speed is among the data listed under the Hardware/Memory category. Data will be reflected for each RAM module installed.

Louis

#3 theinvulnerable

theinvulnerable
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2009 - 08:13 PM

Sir I would like to know if 1gb ddr2 667mhz is supported by ecs P4890T-M v2.0 ? I did not found ram speed on my bios. Im just worried because on the splashscreen when a pc boot, when that time i have 512mb dd2 667mhz team memory module installed but in split seconds on splashscreen just saw 533mhz but i dont know if that was the memory. Then now i bought 1gb ddr2 667mhz apacer memory module, but still i saw 533 mhz on splash screen. And if it was not supported, if installed ram speed not supported could it be still able to boot the pc or not?

More thanks...

#4 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,237 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:29 PM

Visit the folks at www.crucial.com.

They have some sort of RAM information tool you can download, but it doesn't behave well on my old timey computer.

Answer a few of questions and they will tell you what your options to match your hardware.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users