Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lexmark printer driver trouble

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shawnvw

shawnvw

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:12 PM

Using Windows XP, with a Lexmark 2500 printer/scanner. It's the local printer, not a network printer.

I get a lot of communication errors. Today, it says I must "Enable Bidirectional Printing setting in the printer properties dialog", but that checkbox is greyed out. (I'm using a USB port, and according to Properties, there's a Virtual USB port for this printer.)

Sometimes, reinstalling the printer driver fixes the problem, but not today. However, it works fine in my other laptop, running Windows 7.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shawnvw

shawnvw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 26 September 2009 - 02:09 PM

Is "bumping" a thread allowed on these forums?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 26 September 2009 - 02:44 PM

Did you set the printer up...according Lexmark instructions?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users