Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I NEED HELP PLEASE! NOTHING WORKS!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 monagahh

monagahh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 25 July 2005 - 09:13 AM

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?!

A few days ago I was surfing the net when suddenly my computer froze and went to this blue screen telling me shut down or restart.

After re-starting my computer I noticed that the desktop was now black and there was a pop up Internet Explorer window saying that my "computer has performed an illegal operation" and there was a new yellow icon on my desktop that said: PSGuard Spyware.

The pop-up allows for two choices: close or details. After choosing CLOSE, the computer just loads, but then the window pop up comes up again and again and again. I cannot access anything - not the start menu, the internet, any documents - I was thankfully able to right click on the virus scan.

I have tried to get into safe mode and ran the virus scan there. It doesn't seem to find much after several attempts. Once it found 4 Trojans called Verify-Byte - with the file name ending with gummyclass which I deleted.

I'm trying to delete everything in Temporary Files Folder while I'm in Safe mode, but it's impossible to do anything if it involves the Internet. I can't get into the Start Menu or anything else which makes it even more frustrating.

I managed to delete the Spyware icon from my desktop, but it was replaced with two other icons that says: Download Music & Download Movies.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT I CAN DO? Even if I have to delete things using the command prompt in safe mode.

WOULD APPRECIATE ANY KIND OF HELP. THANK YOU!!

DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 25 July 2005 - 09:26 AM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How...aid-t17258.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users