Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Router Setup Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HJT Noob

HJT Noob

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 25 July 2005 - 08:33 AM

For a while I have gone into my router setup to occassionally enable DMZ for gaming. Now, I just wanted to forward a few ports but I keep getting a "page cannot be found" site when I enter 192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.1.1/DMZ.htm even though I have entered the setup entering those addresses multiple times before. I also tried returning internet settings to default and updating my computer, but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by HJT Noob, 25 July 2005 - 08:34 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pchartwell

pchartwell

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 25 July 2005 - 10:40 AM

What is your machine's DHCP assigned address from the router? Is it in the 192.168.1.x block or something different. If your address comes back as, for example, 192.168.0.101 or 192.168.16.55 then try 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.16.1. Even then, there is no hard, fast rule that the router must be x.x.x.1. or even 192.168.x.x but that's typically the default convention.

So you've been in and out of your router times before, and you had bookmarked the administrative homepage and it was a 192.168.1.1 address? Can you recall any reason why you might have changed it?

If all else fails, consult your user guide or the mfgr support site and perform a hard reset of the router back to factory defaults; you'll be back in and have it re-configured in no time since it sounds like you're well versed already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users