Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Wireless Connection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 KilcherB

KilcherB

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:47 PM

Dell & runs on windows vista-

My laptop got a trojan horse virus so I wiped my whole computer with a cleaning CD my friend Adam gave me. Once my laptop started working again the internet keeps saying that I can't connect to any wireless networks and IDK why. I don't have a home network.....I use any of the random networks floating around. I know that the networks still work because I'm using one right now on my brother's laptop in the spot where my laptop usually is.

At first I thought it was that the virus "ate" my wireless card.....but through careful consideration and looking at files I highly....HIGHLY.....doubt that.

Then I thought it was because network discovery was off.....so I turned it on.

Restarted my computer.

Still NO luck.......and that is where my knowledge of laptops end.

HELP ME.....PLEASE.

PLEASE help me!!! I'm VERY computer illiterate and have A LOT of school work that needs to be done on a laptop with the convenience of my home. Not to mention this thing costs a fortune and I prefer not to spend any more money on professional help and I don't want to throw it out.

Thanks so much,
Brittany

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users