Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Questions for Computer pros

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 anything

anything

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 25 July 2005 - 07:37 AM

Are the reboots, shutdowns, and crashs logged somewhere? if so is there any way to find out if the reboots are linked to the heat of the computer? and is 50c CPU heat and 30c Mother board heat normal.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 efizzer

efizzer

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 25 July 2005 - 09:25 AM

You can check the event log of your pc. This is located in Control Panel --> Administrative Tools. That may hint at errors that are causing crashes.

50c is not too bad, it's 122f. I'd look into cooling it a bit lower though. what are you doing with the PC Primarily?

30c is 86f, which is ok. I'd open up your case and take a look at the air flow. What's blocking the air if anything, how many fans you have... etc.
Posted Image

We're going to make the merry-go-round go faster, so everyone needs to hang on tighter-just to keep from being thrown to the wolves.

#3 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 26 July 2005 - 01:46 AM

Dear Anything,

Just to throw a wrench in it...

While I was playing FryCry (video game) my computer went up into temperatures around 120 F at which the game stopped. This was a power supply problem (found out later) but when I checked the temp. only a few seconds later it was reading 98 F.

The temperature dropped 20 degrees in the matter of seconds which clued me to the power supply. My power supply was reading 13.8 vdc at idle, which is bad, but when my video card needed more power it responded with more.

You get the picture. With more power my computer went into melt down no matter how many fans I had in the case. :thumbsup:

Point of the story...check your voltages!

There are several programs out there to do just that and most are free.

Let us know,

junkdk :flowers:
Your Hardware Guide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users