Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have no sound from my computer now

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mixedcolors

mixedcolors

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:51 PM

I think I made a mistake when deleting something. I followed this site to get ride of the police pro virus.

7. After you have ended the Windows Police Pro.exe process, scroll through the list of processes until you find the svchast.exe or svchasts.exe processes. Then end this process as well by clicking on the End Process button and confirming that you want to end it. Please note that in Windows there is a legitimate program called svchost.exe, so please be careful to only end the process that is spelled svchast.exe.

Well I my have just stupidly deleted the legitimate one (maybe even more), cause since then I have no sound coming from my computer and when I open up the tool bar on my screen it says cannot be found. :thumbsup: How can this be fixed?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:38 PM

check that speakers are plugged in (really, plugged in all the way)
check Device Manager to see if it shows a problem with sound
uninstall sound drivers and then re-install them

when you ended the process you did not delete the file. on reboot those processes will start up again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users