Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DDS is shut down by Fake XP System Security

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff44z

Jeff44z

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:56 PM

I have followed the forum directions to try and run the DDS program and create a log, but the virus is shutting down THAT too! I'm at a complete loss. I've tried Malware Bytes, and a number of other solutions and all of them shut down when I start to use them. Can anyone assist me in my next step

Thanks

Jeff

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:53 PM

Moved from HJT to a more appropriate forum. Tw

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2009 - 07:36 PM

Hi,try these then.
If you cannot get DDS to work, please try this instead.

Please download RSIT by random/random and save it to your Desktop.
Note: You will need to run this tool while connected to the Internet so it can download HijackThis if it is not located on your system. If you get a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding Rist attempting to contact the Internet, please allow the connection.
  • Close all applications and windows so that you have nothing open and are at your Desktop.
  • Double-click on RSIT.exe to start the program.
  • If using Windows Vista, be sure to Run As Administrator.
  • Click Continue after reading the disclaimer screen.
  • Leave the drop down box set to default: "List/folders created or modified in the last 1 month (30 days).
  • When the scan is complete, a text file named log.txt will automatically open in Notepad.
  • Save the log file to your desktop and copy/paste the contents into a new topic in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, NOT here.
Important: Be sure to mention that you tried to follow the Prep Guide but were unable to get DDS to run.
If RSIT did not work, then reply back here.

If that fails.....
System Repair Engineer
  • Please download System Repair Engineer from here
  • Unzip/extract sreng2.zip to a folder on your desktop
  • Double-click on SREngLdr.EXE to launch System Repair Engineer
  • Click the Smart Scan Icon
  • Click Scan
  • Wait for the scan to finish
  • Click on the Save Reports button
  • Save it to your desktop, using the recommended name of SREngLOG.log
  • Close System Repair Engineer
  • Use notepad to open the SREngLOG.log file
  • Copy & paste the contents of that file as a reply to this topic
  • Note: The log may be long, and you may need several posts to post all of it
  • If you are using a custom HOSTS file, please leave out the HOSTS File section, as it will make the log far too long
Next please go here HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal ,click New Topic,give it a relevant Title and post the Rootrepeal log and the above log.
Important: Be sure to mention that you tried to follow the Prep Guide but were unable to get DDS to run.

Let me know how that went.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users