Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Prosess key

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dexwar

dexwar

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:24 PM

The command is CNYHKey.exe the manufacture is creative, the startup item is Creative Multimedia Driver, the location is HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. Their doesn't seem to be much info about this on the web or on here so maybe somone can enlighten me as to what this does and if I really knead it to run at startup.

Here is another one as well that is not in bleeps list at all. Command: LchDrvKey.exe Startup Item:LchDrvKey Manufacturer: Unknown :huh: Location: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. This one has me a little frazzled I'm 99% sure it's nothing malicious but whats up with the lack of info on this one.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:21 PM

cnyhkey.exe is a process belonging to Chicony keyboards and provides additional functions for these pieces of hardware. This program is a non-essential process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:41 PM

CNYHKey.exe is a Creative Wireless Mouse and/or Keyboard application. If you remove this your wireless mouse/keyboard may stop working or you may lose extra features.

Edit:
C:\Windows\LchDrvKey.exe also appears to be a Creative installed application. It is packed with Armadillo and has no manufacturer signatures which is a little odd for mainstream software firms. Also I found VirusTotal scan result for the file : http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/f58c781...8d87-1251678602

Edited by Romeo29, 20 September 2009 - 04:07 PM.

#4 dexwar

dexwar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:14 AM

Well thank you two for clearing that up for me appreciate it. I think I'll keep those two running I suppose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users