Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Message "Repair Wireless Network Connection"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CommMajor101

CommMajor101

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:26 PM

Hello everyone,
I hope this is the right section of this forum to post this question. I am now, all of a sudden of course, getting an error message "Wireless Network Connection - This connection has limited or no connectivity. You might not be able to access the internet or some network resources." But the icon for my wireless router says I have 100% signal. When I click on the error message and click the "Support" tab and click on "Repair" I get this message "Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be accomplished: Renewing your IP address"

What should I do?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:56 PM

sounds like you are not getting an answer from the router. first i would try rebooting every thing. shut down computer, shut down router, shut down modem. power up modem and allow it to get an IP from your service provider(wan light will come on steady when this happens). next start up router and allow it to do its thing. next power up computer. if you still have trouble you will have to access the router software using a wirered connection and check the wireless settings. good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users