Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Creepy question

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 SageMoonblade

SageMoonblade

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:32 PM

Greetings all I have a bit of an odd issue and I am unsure if this is even the correct place for this. I use a set of Cyber Acoustic amplified speakers on my computer and for the past several months I keep hearing sounds from them I don't understand. With the speakers at normal volume randomly if no other sounds are playing you hear the words "just won't last" from them. Also if a set of headphones is plugged into the front jack and the volume all the way down you can hear what sounds like a radio station. I live in the middle of no where and have no radio towers in the area. I have run nearly any conventional anti virus software on it and I come up with nothing. Also my HJT logs are clean and Adaware also comes up with nothing. The computer is a home built unit with Windows XP home SP2. I have also tried doing a low level format and reinstall as well as searched the web both with no results. Also others have confirmed my findings, so no its not just me hearing things. Any help or thoughts would be of much help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NinjaStyle

NinjaStyle

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:32 PM

I have the exact same problem. Usally when i play a good bass song through my Logitech X230 system it stops. I think its mosty likely the sound card. Check if you have a built in one.

#3 RTCTech1

RTCTech1

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 23 September 2009 - 03:25 PM

Hello,
Have you tried a different sound card? What kind of drivers are you using for your current sound cards?

Make sure that they are the newest drivers installed.

If a new sound card is doing the same thing, it may be a third party program on your computer.

Have you tried the speakers on a different computer yet? Do that too and see what kind of results you get!

Thanks.

-RTCTech1

#4 kairi2

kairi2

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:42 AM

i was hoping there would be a less technical answer for this question. let's call it paranormal activity!

#5 SageMoonblade

SageMoonblade
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:35 PM

My sound card is the one that is on board my Abit KN8 mobo. The drivers were updated and are still top of the scale, no change in issues though.

#6 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:24 PM

Its likely a grounding issue with the sound card, as for what the sounds are (not that I am doubting you) your brain is telling you what they sound like, not that they are actually those sounds.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#7 SageMoonblade

SageMoonblade
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:23 AM

Odds are your right about my mind interpenetrating what those sounds are. As for the grounding issue in the card what can be done about it?

#8 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:58 PM

What kind of card are you using?
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#9 SageMoonblade

SageMoonblade
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2009 - 01:43 PM

The card built into the Abit KN8 sli mother board.

#10 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:58 PM

I got that board
The sound screwed up once, but reinstalling the driver did it for me
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#11 Adas

Adas

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:57 AM

I have the exact issue, if you can call it an issue ... but I'm fine with it and I kinda like it.

I hear radio stations in English, though there are no Radio stations that are broadcasting shows in English where I live.

It's all faint and barely perceivable ... I do listen it closely, somtimes I do understand what the guy / girl presenter is saying...

I don't think it is necessary to scan your machine for malware, it's not something that could be caused by a malware software.

Maybe something acts as an antenna, I have no clue what could be the cause of this..except for the antenna thing.

Edited by Adas, 01 November 2009 - 09:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users