Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RootRepeal.exe won't run, get exception errors.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 4d_POWER

4d_POWER

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:07 PM

The first time I ran RootRepeal it crashed Windows explorer, Windows solution center found a codec error and repaired my Windows explorer.

Rootrepeal still won't work.

This is the rootRepeal Error Log..

21:51:28: FOPS - DeviceIoControl Error! Error Code = 0xc0000024 Extended Info (0x000000d8)
21:51:28: DeviceIoControl Error! Error Code = 0x1e7
21:51:28: FOPS - DeviceIoControl Error! Error Code = 0xc0000024 Extended Info (0x000000d8)

Anybody else run into this?

Thanks!

Edit: Moved topic from All Other Applications to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:33 PM

Hello please go here
http://rootrepeal.googlepages.com/

Scroll all the way down to Contact.
send an email to the author..
please include the words "RootRepeal crash" in the subject line

Please reply with the fix here to help others.

EDIT>>>
Before performing a Anti rootkit scan it is recommended to do the following to ensure more accurate results and avoid common issues that may cause false detections.

Disconnect from the Internet or physically unplug you Internet cable connection.
Close all open programs, scheduling/updating tasks and background processes that might activate during the scan including the screensaver.
Temporarily disable your anti-virus and real-time anti-spyware protection.
After starting the scan, do not use the computer until the scan has completed.
When finished, re-enable your anti-virus/anti-malware (or reboot) and then you can reconnect to the Internet.

Edited by boopme, 19 September 2009 - 09:49 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 4d_POWER

4d_POWER
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:05 PM

Thanks,

My windows Vista updates weren't current. I downloaded all the updates I needed and now it's working fine.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:59 PM

Ok, great and thanks for telling us. :thumbsup:
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users