Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Punkbuster with Battlefield2

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 markgui

markgui

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:01 PM

I recently bought Battlefield2 from the EA website and downloaded it. I can play single player just fine but when I try the multi player mode, which requires punkbuster, it kicks me from the game saying communication failure, punkbusterb not initialising. I have sent support tickets to evenbalance.com but the advice they provided was not effective. They keep telling me that something in my computer is blocking it. I use zonealarm extreme security with their firewall. I made exceptions for them in the firewall and antivirus settings and even tried disabling zonealarm, to no avail. I have tried everything I can think of and can still not play the game in multi player mode. Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:21 PM

well
when installing it was their a option to install punkbuster ? and did you click it
if you type 'punkbusterb not initialising' into google you get a few things so read them

and theres a few updates or some thing here for that games punkbuster system:
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=dl-bf2.php

what do you expect from a EA game lol

#3 markgui

markgui
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:44 AM

Yes, I did as you suggested. Punkbuster a seems to load as a service but the punkbuster b is the one with the problems. I have googled this issue repeatedly. Nothing I have found seems to work. I have even tried to uninstall and reinstall the game but it always ask me to insert the disk. Since I downloaded the game from ea, I have no disk so thats really not an option.

#4 Corvette

Corvette

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:36 PM

Would you by any chance be using Avast?

A friend of mine recently had problems playing Quake, same Punkbuster B problem as you, he changed his anti-virus and all is well now.

#5 sausage

sausage

• Members
  • 389 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:44 PM

I had pnkbstra.exe issues for the longest time, make absolutely sure the exceptions are right and the service is not disabled, if that doesn't work, wait about 7 months and try agian, and make sure yur game is updated along wirh punkbuster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users