Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't watch some videos online

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DarkDarkDark

DarkDarkDark

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 19 September 2009 - 02:51 PM

Hello, I'm trying to watch videos on Veoh.com and NHL.com (with NHL.com if you don't know, you have to click the "videos" tab near the top of the page).

However when I try and watch a video, the video stays black. With Veoh, "Loading" comes up like normal but it'll disappear and stay black with no sound or video playing, also no controls show up on the player itself. With Nhl.com, the controls will show (play, pause and stop), but will disappear and stay black like Veoh. I never use to have this problem, I don't know what happen, and its been like this for about a year now. As far as I know, those are the only sites that I have problems on.

I've tried on both Firefox(newest) and Explorer(8). I've tried reinstalling Firefox, Flash Player 10, and Java.
I'm using Windows XP Pro SP3, Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.60GHz 3.00GHz, with 1 GB of ram.

Here are some Screen Shots of what I'm trying to say:
http://img200.imageshack.us/i/veohq.jpg/
http://img41.imageshack.us/i/nhlx.jpg/

Thanks for any help.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:51 PM

Could be geographical restrictions. I know Veoh has them but I don't know about NHL. Does Youtube work?

#3 DarkDarkDark

DarkDarkDark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:14 AM

It can't be geographical restrictions because they both work on a different computer in my house. Also youtube works.

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:57 AM

You could try adjusting settings within Flash. Right click on the player. Or maybe security settings. You're probably going to have to tinker with it.

#5 DarkDarkDark

DarkDarkDark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2009 - 01:39 PM

With Firefox I've tried right clicking on player and just messing around with the settings, none of that worked and I changed some of the Firefox settings, and none of that worked. Also, with Veoh if the video is embedded on a different site I can watch it.

and sorry for the wrong section, I didn't see "Web Browsing/Email and Other Internet Applications".

Edited by DarkDarkDark, 20 September 2009 - 01:45 PM.

#6 DarkDarkDark

DarkDarkDark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:58 PM

Problem fixed by Grif Thomas over at cnet.com. He talked about the HOSTS file ....... my HOSTS file was named HOSTS.MVP... I removed it HOSTS, This fixed the problem. Thanks for the help any way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users