Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

JQS.EXE NOT FOUND : CAN'T PLAY POGO GAMES

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bonnielou

bonnielou

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:10 AM

Hello,
I used to be able to play the games at POGO,COM but just recently my games won't start. I recieve a pop-up telling me to update the JAVA PLUG-IN. So I update Java then recieve another POP-UP ERROR: 25099 telling me that I need to go to TASK MANAGER and uncheck the JQS.EXE file. However, JQS.EXE is not listed in task manager and I searched my harddrive and it still was not found. I also went to the Internet Options Settings under the Advanced Tab to see the JAVA settings. There was JAVA (SUN): Use JRE 1.5.0_9 for applet (unchecked) and MICROSOFT VM: Java Control Enabled, Java Logging Enabled and JIT Compiler for Virtual Machine Enabled. All were unchecked. Are these settings correct? And, should I go to ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS and uninstall JAVA then reinstall it? Please Reply ASAP, Thank-You!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:34 AM

The Java people don't even quite understand this one:

http://java.com/en/download/help/error_25099.xml

You can mess around for a long time trying to fix it, or you can fix it for sure.

I would close all browser windows, go to Add or Remove Programs, uninstall Java and reboot.

Then follow the directions in the link to remove any lingering Java folders in C:\PROGRAM FILES.

Using IE or Firefox, download and install the latest new version of Java - Version 6 Update 14.

Check Add or Remove Programs and the Java page (Do I have Java) to be sure the versions are correct, etc.

Edited by joseibarra, 19 September 2009 - 11:35 AM.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users