Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Speed up HD Videos?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shawn 5xx

shawn 5xx

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:52 AM

when ever i watch a HD Video on the internet its slow and choppy like for example if i am on youtube, hulu, and vimeo. it can't be my internet connection because i tested it and it runs 24004 kbps and i am paying a lot of money for the internet and i can't even watch HD videos properly. Is it a new video card or something i might need.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,084 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 19 September 2009 - 07:36 AM

How much ram do you have, my video and all other things got a lot better when I went to 2 gigs. Also have you updated your video drivers that may help. I have on board video which I do not think is very good compared to the video cards and have no problems.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 shawn 5xx

shawn 5xx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 19 September 2009 - 07:42 AM

dell dimension 3000
windows xp home edition

now for the specs and hardware:

2GB Ram
celeron CPU 2.66GHz
intel ® 82865G Graphics Controller

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,084 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 19 September 2009 - 07:54 AM

Funny it is a Dell, I just reloaded a Dell and had a nagging video issue. When I run into this situation this is what I do and well worth a try, if I do not have the particular driver on hand I down load a new copy to my desk top then I go into control panel then system, hardware then device manager then double click on display adapter it will show your adapter. Delete it then reboot windows will find and reinstall it and ask for the drivers, reinstall the drivers very good chance that will clean things up.

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users