yeaaaaaa, solved the prob, thanks to STITCH(bumped into this guy at bleepingcomputer chatroom). ok here is what i did:
1.started my pc
2.chose microsoft windows as the OS (options were MS windows XP and MS windows), i am not sure if this is the usual case when you get into this sort of trouble
3. this then took me straight to a DOS prompt
4. then i opened boot.ini file using edit.com
c:\windows\system32\edit.com c:\boot.ini (verify path for your OS)
5. this file had a switch "/safeboot:minimal"
which was telling the system to boot in safe mode
6. i removed this entry from the boot.ini file
7. saved the file and exited out
8. rebooted the machine, and there we go, i was able to boot using "start windows normally"
So, the problem was the conflict between the boot.ini file and whatever "virus" was preventing it from execute properly. Boot.ini file was trying to boot the system in safe mode and an alien program was stopping it from doing so.
now i need to clean up my machine before i attempt to boot in safe mode again.
THNKS TO STITCH ONCE AGAIN