Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with Police Pro...MalwareBytes closes within few seconds

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 renegade_g

renegade_g

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:03 PM

My PC got infected with Police Pro virus. It did not let me launch any .exe apps. After searching through the internet, I have been able to manually delete files from my hard driver and entries from registry (desote.exe, WindowsPolicePro etc...). I am now able to launch task manager and applications. But the virus is still present and it doesn't let me run MalwareBytes (I have tried to rename to something.com). MalwareBytes launches and then automatically closes. Also the virus does not let get into safe mode. USB drives are not detected.

I got combofix and just finished running it. It detected and deleted a bunch of files/folders. Can I post the combofix log here to see if my PC is cleaned out?

Thanks,
G

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:38 PM

Moved from HJT to a more appropriate forum. Tw

ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.

#3 renegade_g

renegade_g
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2009 - 05:09 PM

It looks like combofix did clean out the virus. I knew combofix could mess up my computer but it was already so messed up that I was ready to re-format anyways. But luckily combofix found the viruses and cleaned it. I was then able to to run Malwarebytes which found more infections and removed it. I re-ran Malwarebytes, it found 2 more infections which it removed. Now I am running AVG anti-virus scanner to see if this finds anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users