Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acronis 2009 "Automatic consolidation" question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AMBER LEAF999

AMBER LEAF999

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 18 September 2009 - 03:31 PM

Hello everyone

I have posted this question on the acronis forums, with no replys.

Acronis true image home 2009 "Automatic consolidation"

What does this actually do, i have acronis installed but have not really bothered about setting limits/conditions.

So if i do set limits on a backup (example) to say maximum 5 backups , then on the 6th backup i would have exceeded the maximum number of backups by one.

So then aotomatic consolidation will be performed.

But this puzzels me a bit after what i have read in the help pages it goes on to say " Automatic Consolidation only can consolidate two backups in one"
So i would have one full backup and 5 incremental ones So what does happen here when automatic consolidation is performed.

I am backing up to a external hard drive, so here is another statement from the help pages.

" Description = Automatic consolidation in acronis true image home can be set up for any backup tasks that creates incremental or differential backups regardless of the archives storage place (EXCEPT FOR REMOVABLE MEDIA"
TOSHIBA LAPTOP L300-1BV/ WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM SP2 / 2 GB RAM/ 32 BIT /windows 7 vista home premium, 3GB Ram/ 64 bit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:44 PM

I've never used it. Maybe this flow chart might make sense out of it:
http://www.acronis.com/r/support/en/kb/100...dation.2009.png

http://kb.acronis.com/content/1761
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users