Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Touchpad malfunction

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 oml

oml

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 18 September 2009 - 03:01 PM

Hello, I've come accrossed something I've never seen happen before and not really sure what else (beside reinstalling the entire system) I could do.

Here it goes,

I have a laptop Asus M51Va, Windows Vista Premium 32bit, my touchpad isnt working properly and acting up weird. Basically I am not able to move the pointer with it the touchpad nor the buttons on the touchpad works, but the scrolling function on the touchpad is still working.

Also the touchpad synaptics software has few options how to check the functionality. First is a tray icon that display everytime you touch the pad (that happens), another options is a pressure graph that display the pressure applied to the pad, that also works, last one is mood pad, which dispaly the pad on the screen and reflects any contact with the pad on it.

So all in all, the touchpad works according to all these things and one of its features works as well.

I have tried reinstalling the drivers, restoring the system to older restore point.

Thank you for any possible feedback.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users