Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Software Radio is OFF"?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mbrown3391

mbrown3391

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:44 PM

I have a dell studio laptop with an Intel WiFi Link 5300 wireless card. I am having difficulty detecting wireless networks. When I first ran the included diagnostic tool, it returned the error, "Hardware Radio is OFF". After turning the physical WiFi switch, on the program then returned the error, "Software Radio is OFF". I found the intel software running in my system tray and there was a button which as far as i can tell enables the wireless, however this did not solve the problem. Any idea how i would go about turning the software radio on?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users