Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Stooooo

Stooooo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:42 AM

Hey Guys,

Ok let me see if I can explain this as best as I can. The other night my wife was trying to log into facebook and it kept giving her an "This program cannot display the webpage" error. This first happened when she was on AOL. Then she tried to log in through IE 7, same problem. All of this took place on her laptop. Mean while I was able to log in to facebook on my laptop no problem. So then she tried to log in to facebook on my lap top and the same thing happened "The program cannot display the webpage" error. Now when I try to log-in to my facebook account through aol, IE8 and firefox I get the same error. Plus I can now no longer goto yahoo as well. Which means I cannot check my yahoo e-mail.

We have both run scans of McAfee and then scanned our computers with the free scan @ safety.live.com She has also run a scan spysweeper scan on her computer. Everything that she has run has not led to any results, she still cannot log into facebook or yahoo. I'm finishing my McAfee scan as I type this (it is 80% done and has found nothing). Can anyone help???

Thanks in advance,
Stu

ps oh I should also add that she is using Windows XP Home Edition and I am using Windows Vista

Edited by Stooooo, 18 September 2009 - 09:43 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,421 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:20 AM

Hello there are several steps you need to try first .. L@@K as there are a variety of possibilities.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Stooooo

Stooooo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2009 - 01:29 PM

Hey Boopme,

Thank you very much for the info. I ended up having to reset my router and cable modem. I kinda had a feeling that is what I was going to have to do. So, when I saw the info you posted I knew my hunch was right.

Thanks again,
Stu

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,421 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2009 - 01:54 PM

Your very Welcome!! :huh:
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users