Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Problems HiJack This Log

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 maxis308

maxis308

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 24 July 2005 - 04:15 PM

Hello,
Recently, my computer would be running, and then the monitor would just go black. It didn't sound like the computer was restarting or anything, so I ran my AV and found nothing. So I went into msconfig startup and found a few viruses (kernel32.win was one, don't remember the other). So I dled hijack this and removed those files from the registry and stuff and it seems ok for now, but my PC is still pretty junked up, so I was wondering if anyone could just look at my new HiJackThis log file and see if there's anything I can get rid of that I don't need. BTW there are still things in my msconfig startup for programs I have uninstalled such as SNDMon (for norton i think?) so I can get rid of some stuff. Also, one of the things in the list is just totally blank, so i don't know what that is but i want to get rid of it. The boxes I dont use are unchecked but I want to do away with them completely. Finally, the blackout thing was mostly happening during cpu intensive games, but then did it during noncpu intensive games, so i thought it was overheating my vid card or sumthin else but im pretty sure it wasn't and it seems ok now.
Thanks, Here's my log file.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 2:13:29 PM, on 7/24/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
D:\PROGRA~1\AVG\avgamsvr.exe
D:\PROGRA~1\AVG\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
D:\PROGRA~1\AVG\avgcc.exe
D:\Program Files\mozillafirefox\firefox.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Ezra Patterson\Desktop\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.ebay.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
F0 - system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe C:\WINNT\system32\winmgd.win
F1 - win.ini: run=C:\WINNT\system32\mouse_configurator.win
O2 - BHO: eBay Helper Object - {001F2570-5DF5-11d3-B991-00A0C9BB0874} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINNT\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] D:\PROGRA~1\AVG\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Winzip Archiver] Winzip32.exe
O7 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: LimeShop Preferences - file://C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Temp\limeshop_script0.htm
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - D:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {26CBF141-7D0F-46E1-AA06-718958B6E4D2} - http://download.ebay.com/turbo_lister/US/install.cab
O16 - DPF: {62475759-9E84-458E-A1AB-5D2C442ADFDE} - http://a1540.g.akamai.net/7/1540/52/200404...meInstaller.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - D:\PROGRA~1\AVG\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - D:\PROGRA~1\AVG\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - D:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: ISEXEng - Unknown owner - C:\WINNT\system32\angelex.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINNT\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINNT\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: ZESOFT - Unknown owner - C:\WINNT\zeta.exe (file missing)

Some files seem to be missing? and there are ebay things, do i need those? Thanks.
Ezra Patterson

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 25 July 2005 - 10:46 AM

Download this program:

submit files packer

Highlight the files listed below in bold and right-click and selecting copy.

C:\WINNT\system32\winmgd.win
C:\WINNT\system32\winmgd.win
c:\windows\system32\Winzip32.exe

Then start the file packer program and right click in the white box and select paste to paste the copied file names in the field.

Then press the Continue button.

It will create an archive with these files and a small log on your Desktop that starts with a name like requested-file[date].cab.

Rename this file to yourmembername.cab (for example grinler.cab).

Then go to:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/submit-malware.php
and fill in the required fields and browse to this file on your desktop. Finally click on the Send File button.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users