Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Classic Cars

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 Brewster Down Under

Brewster Down Under

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:26 AM

Like everything else in the world today cars are a throw away item
Nothing beats the sound of a cast iron block with a cast iron head(s) purring like a kitten

Give me a car with a gear box under my arse and a diff in the rear anyday

At the moment i have a

1968 Oldsmobile 4 door pillarless
1956 Mercedes Roundy
1968 Mercedes SL
1973 BMW 520 Auto
These cars will be around when i am gone :flowers:

Forgot to mention the plastic fantastic 2002 Opel 200000 K's and ready for the scrap heap :thumbsup:

Edited by Brewster Down Under, 28 September 2009 - 10:39 AM.

Blame It On The Dog

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 iaxelr8

iaxelr8

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:45 AM

The advent of the ficticious 'go green' movement will hurt things dramatically. Now that car companies have joined in on the created craze (probably the worst being the person in the White House taking over my beloved GM), I look for it all to wane away. Cars like the Camaro which were on the drawing board, hopefully will not suffer the discontinued fate too quickly.

I'll tell you one thing, growing up in the Northeast at my age, standing on the corner of my street was like watching the Barrett-Jackson auction today..lol. A parade of Camaros, Mustangs, GTOs, Chargers, Challengers, Corvettes etc... For me, there is nothing better than classic American muscle. Personally, I was a Corvette man, owning a '68 (removable hardtop/convertible) 350/300 and my former prize, a '69 Corvette, T-Tops, knock out rear window, loaded, AC, PDR, PW and 350/350. Did a body off restoration, she was gorgeous.

After driving late model muscle for quite some time ( 90 Mustang GT, 94 Mustang GT, 95 Camaro Z28), I had to succumb to the family truckster when my son started playing football and hockey...going through a 98 Explorer, 02 Explorer and a 05 Equinox. Happy to say gents, I now own the best of both worlds (although it's a garage queen and wouldn't ever see utility duty), a TrailBlazer SS. For those unfamiliar, a word of warning, bring some muscle, otherwise you're going to look foolish looking at the back of a 5000pd SUV. Chevy was kind enough to fit her with the Corvettes' LS2 with 400 factory horsepower. After a CAI, Long Tube Headers, Corsa Sport Exhaust and a performance tune, she's good for about 455hp and scoots down the quarter in 13 flat...more than enough for the kiddies with the Stangs and ricers with the fart-can mufflers. Just for the sleeper value, this is almost my favorite of all the rides I've owned. Enjoy....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users