Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyware problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Crede15

Crede15

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:28 AM

I brought up itunes yesterday for the first time in a while and it said there was an update ready, I hit it and all of a sudden my antivirus started saying there were problems. I thought it had taken care of it for a bit but then my adobe started running all of a sudden (which is exactly what happened the one other time I've had a virus) and then it started saying I was having spyware problems.

I ran spybot SD and malwarebytes and I thought maybe I'd fixed it, it came up with some trojan horses, but then I'd get odd little popups (including this one that said fubar at the bottom) and the computer was running a bit strangely. Just an hour or so ago I ran spybot again and when it finished I hit fix problems and all of a sudden spybot crashed, my windows screen (I guess that's what you call it) changed colors a bit and there was big red lettering across saying warning spyware problems, etc. It would not allow me to do anything, I couldn't open mozilla, malwarebytes, spybot, etc. I finally went to safe mode and ran malwarebytes and spybot. I don't have the exact log but on malwarebytes it found 10 infected things.

Of the 10 infected files there were 5 that were called Rogue. Multiple. H, along with 5 Trojan. Vundo, 1 Trojan. Agent and something that just said Disabled. Security

Spybot picked up three things, a Virtumonde.sdn Trojan C, Microsoft. Windows Security CenterFirewallBypass, and another Virtumonde. DII

I also went on MSConfig and found a few things I know weren't on there just earlier in the day including something called dumprep 0-k %systemroot%/syste

The computer seems to be running ok now, obviously compared to when I couldn't even get on the internet earlier. But I thought maybe I was out of the woods earlier and I obviously wasn't so I'm more than a bit wary. Anyway if anyone could help I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users