Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to Uninstall McAfee (Registry deleted?)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Typokween

Typokween

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:20 AM

So two days ago I went to a website (www.twiztv.com/scripts/onetreehill) and everything went to hell. I tried to close out as soon as I could but my browser froze and I had to end the program. Right before I was about to run a virus scan I got a pop up that said:

RegSvr32 DllregisterServer in C:\WINDOWS\system32\mcinsctl.dll succeeded.

Then I ran Malwarebytes and while that was happening I got a fake Scanner-Alert and shut down my internet connection for the duration of the scan. The scan caught the fake-alert and deleted it. But when I rebooted I got these two pop-ups (below) and it doesnt matter how many times I press "ok" they keep coming back. I cannot uninstall Mcafee because when I try I get a "send error report" before it closes.

Posted Image
Posted Image

I read on a different website about a manual way to uninstall McAfee but I couldn't delete the registry or whatever and it wouldn't work because I got the same error messages about not all components being installed or launched properly. The post is here: CNet Forums.

Please help me! I cannot afford to have this looked at by a professional and I had just restored my computer a month ago after a previous attack. I really really really don't want to go through that again!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 18 September 2009 - 01:11 PM

Hi, did you try the Automated removal tool?

McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool (MCPR.exe)

The uninstaller software removes all traces of editions 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, McAfee Total Protection, McAfee Internet Security Suite PC Protection Plus VirusScan Plus Wireless Protection.

McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool: MCPR.exe
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Mr LunchBox

Mr LunchBox

• Members
  • 318 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:17 PM

That is what I was going to recommend.

It is the only way to fix issues like that. I have used similar from other vendors and it can sometimes take 30 minutes to remove the application.

#4 Typokween

Typokween
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 19 September 2009 - 02:10 AM

So far, so good! THANKS SO MUCH!!!

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:53 AM

You're welcome! and thanks Mr Lunchbox.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users