Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Police Pro? Help frozen computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mbren

mbren

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:40 PM

My daughter was surfing the net - not sure what happened, but Avast's alarm went off and as soon as I sent the offending file to the vault, a bunch of windows opened up, saying I was infected. Tried to run Avast scan on top of the windos (they wouldnt close) and Avast became disabled. Tried to run SuperAntispyware after that it started to scan and came up with a bunch of trojans, etc, then disabled 5 minutes in. The state of the machine is now frozen, task manager doesnt work, cant open start menu can't close or move any windows. I'm afraid to shut it down and make it worse. What now? Please help!

Edited by mbren, 17 September 2009 - 11:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 PM

Posted 18 September 2009 - 07:51 AM

First let's start with this guide.

Remove Windows Police Pro (Removal Guide)

Post the Malwarebytes log. Then run :
Install RootRepeal

Click here - Official Rootrepeal Site, and download RootRepeal.zip. I recommend downloading to your desktop.
Fatdcuk at Malwarebytes posted a comprehensive tutorial - Self Help guide can be found here if needed.: Malwarebytes Removal and Self Help Guides.
Click RootRepeal.exe to open the scanner.
Click the Report tab, now click on Scan. A Window will open asking what to include in the scan.
Check the following items:
Drivers
Processes
SSDT
Stealth Objects
Hidden Services

Click OK
Scan your C Drive (Or your current system drive) and click OK. The scan will begin. This my take a moment, so please be patient. When the scan completes, click Save Report.
Name the log RootRepeal.txt and save it to your Documents folder - (Default folder).
Paste the log into your next reply.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users