Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Switching Gateway MT3422 from Vista to XP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KylieAnne

KylieAnne

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:22 PM

well to be more accurate I'm switching from Ubuntu to XP (I was going to make a partition with Ubuntu after I got xp on it but it's giving me so much trouble I don't think I want to mess with it once I'm done!), but the computer came with Vista. I've put XP on this computer before and it ran beautifully, but for some reason I'm having terrible trouble this time. I've got the drivers for somethings, but I can't get the driver for the video card or the sound and some other things... any help here?

gateway's website is less than helpful because they have the drivers for Vista not xp. here's what my device manager looks like:

Posted Image

don't know if that helps at all...
also, I thought I need something like GeForce 6100 but when I do that it gives me and error message that says "could not locate any drivers that match your hardware"

btw... if it doesn't work I'll go back to ubuntu (another couple of hours of fighting with this thing...) but I'd really like to go back to xp for a while because I miss my games! I'm definitely saving all the drivers on a disk this time.

Edited by KylieAnne, 17 September 2009 - 07:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:26 PM

Give this program a shot it should be able to identify the unknown devices then you can get the drivers from the manufactures website. AFter you locate the drivers you can use our slipstreaming tutorial to create your own XP disc To included the drivers so you wont have to hunt them down again.

Edited by Sneakycyber, 17 September 2009 - 11:27 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users