Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Repeating computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zuko

zuko

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:54 PM

O/SWindows XP w/Svc pack 2 - When the computer is turned on it cycles to a scan where you have a choice to scan or not and whatever choice is made, it eventually ends up with a choice on how to continue where you can select whatever mode you want to start/continue the computer and no matter what choice is made, it recycles back to the same thing. Otherwise, it never gets to the point where you have desk top or "starft" menu.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:13 PM

System manufacturer and model?

Do you have a Microsoft XP install CD?

Do you have access to the XP Recovery Console on that system?

Louis

#3 zuko

zuko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:42 PM

System manufacturer and model?

Do you have a Microsoft XP install CD?

Do you have access to the XP Recovery Console on that system?

Louis

It is a "homemade" unit. It is my sister-in-laws and I tried the reinstall CD and it doesn't start. All I can tell is that it has Windows XP w/spk2. It doesn't even present the oportunity to get to the "start" box to get to any other programs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users