Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant remove a program

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 akuigla

akuigla

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:14 PM

Hello,
Im not sure do I have a problem,but something is strange.
In mu pcs programs there is a Windows system scanner,with the java icon in front, and the publisher is Computing.net
I was not able to find this program in search and run options.Then I tried to find informations about program on this and other sites,but no results whatsoever.
Then I decided to remove the program using a standard add/remove options.To my surprise I got display saying that it cant remove program completely?Afterwards I tried with CCleaner remove program options-the same display.Then I tried to remove it with internet conections and this time was a question:Are you sure that you want to remove Windows system scanner and all of its components?I clik yes but nothing happened?
My pc is running normally.I scanned with AVG.MBAM,and Syperantispyware-all said that there is no harmfull software detected.
What for is this program?If it is not necessary,and I have a feeling,Id like to remove it.
Another strange things happenes.Every week I run Sophos antirootkit software, and every time afterwards I run AFT cleaner or CCleaner and there is a total of 150-200Mb crap removed!!!Is it posible that something inside my pc is generating rootkits?I suspect that because every time before runnig Sophos I run AVG and Malwarebytes am and the results are the same,with the exception of the last two scans when MBAM found one Trojan agent and Syperantispyware found two.All were removed.
If you give a fish to a hungry man,you have feed him for one day.If you teach a man how to fish,you have feed him for the whole life!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trollocks

trollocks

• Members
  • 369 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:23 PM

have you asked this question in the computing.net forum.they should know if they are the publisher

#3 akuigla

akuigla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:16 PM

Yes I did and no answer yet.But I found the same problem somebody has and there is no qualified people to help resolving the problem.Only questions are asked by another member,just like you asked me,without a solution.
If you give a fish to a hungry man,you have feed him for one day.If you teach a man how to fish,you have feed him for the whole life!

#4 trollocks

trollocks

• Members
  • 369 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:23 PM

i would post the malwarebytes and superantispyware logs that show infections in the am i infected forum

they should be able to help you

#5 akuigla

akuigla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:44 AM

Thats not a proper way.They are quite busy with serious problems that other people have.I will wait till somebody from this site find a time to help me remove a problem.

#6 trollocks

trollocks

• Members
  • 369 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:39 AM

the am i infected forum on this site is here for that exact reason

you say your last scans showed trojans and were removed

that does not mean that you are now clean for sure

#7 akuigla

akuigla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:51 PM

You are right
Ill post a problem in proper forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users